Old 05-05-2004, 11:06 PM
V_coerulea

Default shade cloth

Don't underestimate what Marc said about a sail. I don't put up shade cloth
of any kind here without it being anchored to at least a 2X4 every 2-4 ft.
Thunderstorms can throw out unpredictable and violent winds. If you don't
want to go for "real" shade cloth, maybe double or triple cheesecloth might
work but it really depends on where you live. Here in SC burlap might be
fine but in PA it might be too much shade. I happen to have an extra small
piece of 50% shade (about 4X10 ft) that you can have for the postage. It's
older, used, but also in very usable condition. Contact me offline if you're
interested.
Gary

"Janet Price" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm beginning to set up my orchids outside and want to get them off the
ground and onto the deck, which means they're in full sun. Will putting
a strip of burlap a few feet above them function OK as a shade cloth?

Will it let too much or too little light thru? I have mostly catts, but
other varieties also.

Thanks,

Janet