Old 05-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Thread Graft Separation

In a message dated 5/5/2004 3:55:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

After I cut the branch part going into the drilled hole (after the graft
has taken), is it best to leave the newly grafted branch grow strongly,
unpruned, or would that put too much energy demand on the
newly grafted
area, and I should keep the growth in check?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim:

In general, I would allow it to grow unchecked until you are certain it is demonstrating healthy growth. If you allow the thread graft to grow unchecked for the season, it could lead to a disproportionate branch diameter--especially if it is a maple.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: