Old 08-02-2003, 03:51 PM
James Mayer

Default Mr. Stripey

On 08 Feb 2003 14:49:59 GMT, (Zphysics1) wrote:

The other is small round variety also
called Tigerella, This one has true stripes rather than the red gold streaks
and mottles of the beefsteak version, Neither is comparable to Big Rainbow in
my opinion.

I was going to say Tigerella. Pretty -- but mushy-- okay if harvested almost
ripe and eaten day after.

I just read the lable and it is an heirloom and, from the picture,
it is the smaller version and has true stripes. We'll see when I get
some ripe. I just transplanted them into the garden. It was an
impulse buy at Home Depot as was the egg plants.