Old 06-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Radika

Default Help with id of this rose

Randy wrote:
(Randy) wrote in message
. com...

I need help on what kind of rose this is? As far as i know she
doesn't spray or do much of anything to the rose climber. Could
this be a Don Juan? .... In Northwest Tennessee

Here is three more pictures of the rose. Anyone know what kind it is?

Could it be All Ablaze, Abe Lincoln or Don Juan?

To my eyes, it looks more like Don Juan, not like Mister Lincoln at all.
I am not familiar with All Ablaze .... The only reason I hesitate with
the ID of DJ is because the Don gets a little bit of black-spot even in
this dryish CA climate without any spraying regimen, and you said that
this rose was not being sprayed, but it looks spotless in the pictures -
in the more humid Northwest Tennessee.

Say, is the rose fragrant? DJ is fragrant but not as deeply fragrant as
ML. I don't know All Ablaze, am not sure if that one is supposed to be
fragrant or not.

--
Radika
California