Old 05-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Randy

Default Help with id of this rose

I need help on what kind of rose this is? As far as i know she doesn't
spray or do much of anything to the rose climber. Could this be a Don
Juan? Here are two pictures and if anyone needs a close up of just the
rose i can get that also.

http://webpages.charter.net/rscarbro/normarose1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/rscarbro/normarose2.jpg

We have just really started noticing roses and we are wanting some
climbers in our yard. Last year we bought three carefree beautys and
in between them we have two icebergs between each carefree beauty.
These are a bush rose down by the road and they are looking good in
this being the second year, if we can keep the rabbits and deer off
them. We have found a New Dawn climber at a nursery that we love and
we are thinking of getting this as a climber. Then maybe this year or
next we would like to get an arbour or trellis and combine a red
climber and white climber together. I think we have decided on Don
Juan and White Dawn together but still looking at Iceberg Climber and
Dublin Bay. Any suggestions or help i sure will appreciate.
Thanks In Northwest Tennessee
Old 06-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Randy

(Randy) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Here is three more pictures of the rose. Anyone know what kind it is?
Thanks,
Randy

http://webpages.charter.net/rscarbro/norma01.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/rscarbro/norma02.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/rscarbro/norma03.jpg

Could it be All Ablaze, Abe Lincoln or Don Juan?
Old 06-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Theo

Could be Europeana.
Do an online search.

New Dawn is an excellent climber.
Gets really large though.

Dublin Bay is a slow grower.
Highly recommend Altisimmo for
the red. It is single but very beautiful.

--
Theo

in Kansas City Z5/Z6?

om...

Old 06-05-2004, 09:05 PM
dave weil

On Thu, 06 May 2004 16:11:43 GMT, "Theo"
wrote:

Could be Europeana.
Do an online search.

Europeana tends to grow low and bushy, doesn't it? Plus, it clusters a
lot more than those pics.

New Dawn is an excellent climber.
Gets really large though.

Dublin Bay is a slow grower.
Highly recommend Altisimmo for
the red. It is single but very beautiful.

I'm guessing Don Juan. It looks sorta like mine (but mine are only in
their second year).

Old 07-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Sunflower

"Randy" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Too disease free for Don Juan. I'm thinking Dublin Bay, as the form is more
loose, similar to your picture. Don Juan is more of a high centered bloom.

Old 07-05-2004, 07:04 AM
JimS.

wrote:

Could be Europeana.
Do an online search.

Europeana tends to grow low and bushy, doesn't it? Plus, it clusters a
lot more than those pics.

New Dawn is an excellent climber.
Gets really large though.

Dublin Bay is a slow grower.
Highly recommend Altisimmo for
the red. It is single but very beautiful.

I'm guessing Don Juan. It looks sorta like mine (but mine are only in
their second year).

I have both Don Juan and Europeana, and this does look like a Don Juan to
me. Well, it looks like MY Don Juan anyway, and not at all like my
Europeana. My Europeana does grow low and bushy. But on the other hand,
I'm in Seattle and we all know roses can look different from place to place,
so all could be totally irrelevant.

JimS.