Old 06-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Jerome Morrow

Default Trees/hedges for privacy

I have Christmas trees - don't know the latin name for them. But they do
very well in the full sun area.

They grow quite fast to form a nice hedge barrier and I need to give them a
good prune every 3 years or so.

"Loosecannon" wrote in message
. au...

"Han Chung" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm looking for a 7-10 foot tall hedge-like plant to give me some
privacy from neighbours. It will be in a full sun position and I need
something that doesn't grow too wide as it has to grow in a fairly
narrow 1.5 feet wide corridor. Also, something fast growing would be
preferable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Han.

Hi

Would suggest the wedding bush ie Ricinocarpus tuberculatus or glauca.

Grow
quick, are natives and don't mind a haircut. You could also try the dwarf
lilipilis ie Syzygium these come in verigated leaf.