Old 06-05-2004, 08:04 AM
gary davis

Default nettles

On 5/3/04 9:59 AM, in article
, "shez"
wrote:

We have an old garden that has almost been taken over by nettles. We
want to kill the nettles but not the grass. Will SBK do this, please?
Also I remember reading that one of the herbicides degrades to
fertiliser, is this correct, and is it SBK?
Thanks for your help
Shez

Hello Shez
I, much like you, thought that nettles (stinging nettles) were a pain.
I have met gardeners (certified organic) that were worried about the loss of
the same plant. They (stinging nettles) have medicinal purposes I'm told.
Should you want to eradicate them that's ok but on the other hand you
may have a 'herb' (if that's the proper term) that could be used.
If you are interested in getting more information about using nettles
you could search the internet or send me an email. I don't know diddle squat
about them but I do know the people who do.
Tea anyone? How about nettle tea? It'll sting you...?
Gary
Fort Langley BC
Canada