Old 06-05-2004, 11:28 AM
williamelfyn williamelfyn is offline
Registered User

Location: criccieth, north wales
Default Another Pieris question

Quote:
Originally posted by VivienB
We have to keep lime-hating plants in containers here. We have a
Pieris which has had a spell of minimal attention, which is now
looking very leggy. It is about 3 to 4 feet high and wide and in a
large plastic pot. Is it a practical proposition to rejuvenate it by
pruning and feeding, or is it unlikely to respond?

There is already much more that needs doing in this garden to try to
get/keep order than I can comfortably cope with, so if it is not a
good bet, I shall clear it away and get another.

Regards, VivienB
Depends on the species, Forest Flame will certainly take hard pruning some of the dwarf varieties that are not so vigorous may well need more judicious pruning
WilliamElfyn