Old 06-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Beginner Question

"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote:

Mike

snip

I have never seen a "Screw Pine" made into a bonsai. Not saying it can't be
done, BUT.

But Billy, it has aerial roots!

Also there are Bonsai Clubs in the Tampa Area. There are clubs that meet in
Crystal River, at the USF Botanical Gardens, in Safety Harbor, in Sarasota and
Clearwater.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

It might be fun to try growing some from seed, but get something else. You'll die
from impatience waiting for a specimen to be ready for it's first bonsai pot.

Billy's suggestion about an upcoming fair is an excellent one and I'd urge you to
follow up. Sounds like a great opportunity. You can talk to vendors, see what is
good for a first tree in your area, etc.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++