Old 06-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Here`s my 2 new plants!

PhalGuy wrote:

Hello!

Here`s my 2 new plants I got last night at my local orchid society!

Phal. Everspring Light X Phal. Taipei Gold

Paph. Delenatii X Paph. Micranthium = Paph. Magic lantern

Both fragrant!

Have a good day!

Good choice. Obviously you bought them in bloom, or you wouldn't know
they are fragrant. Paph. delenatii can contribute fragrance to its
hybrids, but it usually isn't pronounced. Perhaps some of the newer
delenatii that were just imported from Vietnam have more fragrance than
the old ones. And, I think some people can smell it and some people
can't. It is probably genetic (on the human side). Regardless, Magic
Lantern is a great hybrid. Far easier to grow than either parent, too.

Have fun!

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit