Old 06-05-2004, 02:02 PM
PhalGuy

Default Here`s my 2 new plants!

Hello!

Here`s my 2 new plants I got last night at my local orchid society!

Phal. Everspring Light X Phal. Taipei Gold

Paph. Delenatii X Paph. Micranthium = Paph. Magic lantern

Both fragrant!

Have a good day!

--
Claude

www.picturetrail.com/phalguy

Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old 06-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Bolero

The Paph is fragrant? Interesting.

I have one and there is no aroma at all.

You must have got lucky.

;-)

s.com...

Old 06-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Rob Halgren

PhalGuy wrote:

Hello!

Here`s my 2 new plants I got last night at my local orchid society!

Phal. Everspring Light X Phal. Taipei Gold

Paph. Delenatii X Paph. Micranthium = Paph. Magic lantern

Both fragrant!

Have a good day!

Good choice. Obviously you bought them in bloom, or you wouldn't know
they are fragrant. Paph. delenatii can contribute fragrance to its
hybrids, but it usually isn't pronounced. Perhaps some of the newer
delenatii that were just imported from Vietnam have more fragrance than
the old ones. And, I think some people can smell it and some people
can't. It is probably genetic (on the human side). Regardless, Magic
Lantern is a great hybrid. Far easier to grow than either parent, too.

Have fun!

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
Old 06-05-2004, 11:36 PM
GrlIntrpted

I have two Magic Lanterns, one with 3 growths, one with 2. The one with 2
was a trade that I made over a year and a half ago. It was in bloom and it
had a very light fragrance. The second Magic Lantern was in bloom when I
purchased it, and it had no fragrance at all. Go figure...

Mariana