Old 06-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Janet Price

Default shade cloth

Thanks everyone. I'll keep an eye out for flying burlap. I think since
it's on the deck and close to the house, it'll be a bit protected from
the wind. I'll be putting it just overhead to protect from the sun at
mid-day. The last couple years I put the orchids on benches under the
crabapple tree and I'm not sure they got quite enough sun and they got
too many ants.

Janet

Susan Erickson wrote:
On Wed, 05 May 2004 17:24:26 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

Ditto... Although if you want to make it look nice, you could put
up an arbor or pergola of some sort. You can make a pretty nice shade
structure using that wooden lattice that they sell at the home center.
It comes in 4x8' sheets. Actually it comes in plastic, too, but I kind
of like the look of the wood. I suspect you could do a very good job
for under $100.

Rob

I had a friend in Chicago that used snow fence to cover the frame
work and cast his shade. He also fenced the outside of the area
so that it provided privacy as well as shade. You don't want
someone walking off with your prize Catt now that it is summering
outside.

SuE