Old 06-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Brian

Default Ooh la la - help an ex pat - Plant identification required

Not only is Dave correct but to my eternal shame I have a number of these
Chusan Palms in my garden in Tenerife!! But at least it is a palm and it is
male!! Actually it was this palm I had in mind but used the wrong name.
Thanks and Best Wishes Brian
"Dave Poole" wrote in message

No. 1
The inflorescence of a palm. Most likely Phoenix dactylifera. If the
flowers develop waxy petals then it is male.

Erm no, those large spathes give the plant away, it is a male plant of
Trachycarpus fortunei.

No. 2
Liriodendron. Tulip tree. A good looking specimen.

Yes brilliant trees aren't they? Pity they take a bit of time to
reach flowering size. Still those oddly shaped always make a god
talking point and the autumn colour can be superb.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November