Old 06-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Rez

Default Eating Last Season's Frozen Peppers!

In article , wrote:
On Sun, 02 May 2004 21:25:25 -0700,
(Glenna Rose)
wrote:
Home frozen broccoli just isn't real great, unless maybe if it is
chopped, otherwise it's kind of rubbery. blech. I like green beans
cooked up then frozen, frozen just blanched.. green crayons .. double
blech.

Huh? I just cut it up like I'm going to want it when I cook it, put it
in a ziploc freezer bag, and toss it into the freezer, and when I use
it, I cook it without thawing it first -- and you can barely tell it's
been frozen. I hate rubbery anything, so I'd notice if it was

It may make a difference how cold your freezer is, tho -- meat is MUCH
better if frozen at -25F (or better yet -50F) than if frozen at 0F.
Turn your freezer up as cold as it will go, everything will taste
better and keep better.

If you have trouble with freezerburn, be sure you're using
freezer-rated bags, and especially with fish or ham, fill the bag with
water before freezing it. Ham will keep for a couple years that way
and taste as fresh as if it were cooked yesterday. If necessary, use
two layers of freezer bags (the outer layer can be reused).

Conversely, green beans are toxic waste in any state, and you can have
my share

~REZ~