Old 06-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Rez

Default Q: small white insects on kumquat tree. Do I have to worry?

In article , (S.V.Proff) wrote:
I noticed that my kumquat tree has a bunch of small white insects on
it. They fly when I pass by or shake the branches. So far the tree
looks healthy.

Whiteflies, almost certainly -- they make the underside of the leaves
look "dusty" too. You can beat them off with plain water but they'll
come back. Try insecticidal soap, or spray with a diluted mix of dish
soap (not lemon-flavoured) and a little canola oil.

Should I worry?

Yes, they can damage the leaves enough to stress the trees.

~REZ~