Old 06-05-2004, 10:04 PM
gl

Default Trees/hedges for privacy

For such a narrow area, look at some non-invasive bamboos (there are
hundreds). Many beautiful varieties, and very hardy. Get a clumping, upright
variety that will screen without requiring lots of space. They have had an
undeserved bad reputation, but there are many fantastic non-invasive
varieties that I only found out about recently. I was hunting for a similiar
hedging plant recently (but I wanted it next to a pool, so I didn't want
anything that drops leaves) and found that bamboo was a great choice.
For more info try http://www.mrbamboo.com.au/ or
http://www.bambooworld.com.au/

"Han Chung" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm looking for a 7-10 foot tall hedge-like plant to give me some
privacy from neighbours. It will be in a full sun position and I need
something that doesn't grow too wide as it has to grow in a fairly
narrow 1.5 feet wide corridor. Also, something fast growing would be
preferable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Han.