Old 06-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Lawn turfing

"Chris" wrote in message
news:RZxmc.99$a7.58@newsfe6-win...
Hi,

I used a weed and feed moss treatment as most of my lawn was covered by
moss, I raked off the dead moss and now all I am left with is 80% bare

soil.

If I lay new turf on the bare soil will it grow? do I need to dig the lawn
over first and then lay the turf.

Will turf survive if I put it down at this time of year.

Thanks.

yes but you should rake it first so the roots can get down through what is
probably compacted soil, and remove the 20% grass. It could also probably do
with a good spiking to geta bit of drainage.
If it wasnt for the rain this would be a good time to lay turf, I'd let it
dry a bit first.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address