Old 07-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Pam - gardengal

Default help in identifying flowering plant

"hiker" wrote in message
Thanks.

We are on the edge of Zone 5 on the east coast of NB, right near zone 4.

Is the Daphne you mentioned a wild plant? We do a lot of backpacking and
hiking around here and we don't recall ever seeing this plant in the wild.
Is it a native plant?

No, it is not native - it orignates from eastern Europe, Turkey and the
Caucuses and as far east as parts of Siberia. It was brought to this country
in colonial times and has naturalized in parts of the northeast. It is a
heavy fruiter for a daphne, so perhaps that is why it is so prolific.

pam - gardengal