Old 07-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Mickey

Default Would this work as a ponf bottom cleaner?

Initially through a siphon I am hoping if it works on an aquarium it will
work on a pond.

"Remydog" wrote in message
Are you going to run this from a pump or strictly through a siphon? If a
siphon, I don't think you'll get enough suction to make it work.

"Mickey" wrote in message
I am thinking oversized Aquarium Gravel Vac. My pond is above ground so

can start a siphon, clean the pond and water the plants. I was thinking

of
say a 4 foot long piece of 3" dia pipe adapted to a piece of corrugated

sump
pump discharge hose. I could cut the pipe in half and have a threaded
section to shorten the pipe when needed. I could clean from the edge of

the
pond so I could suck more muck out then stir up when you have to wade in

up
to your privates. Not to mention it would be easy and cheap.