Old 07-05-2004, 05:04 AM
Snooze

Default Would this work as a ponf bottom cleaner?

"Mickey" wrote in message
I am thinking oversized Aquarium Gravel Vac. My pond is above ground so I
can start a siphon, clean the pond and water the plants. I was thinking of
say a 4 foot long piece of 3" dia pipe adapted to a piece of corrugated

sump
pump discharge hose. I could cut the pipe in half and have a threaded
section to shorten the pipe when needed. I could clean from the edge of

the
pond so I could suck more muck out then stir up when you have to wade in

up
to your privates. Not to mention it would be easy and cheap.

The reason siphons work in an aquarium is that the tank is often 3-4 feet
above ground. The hose and the collection bucket are on the ground. The
bottom of the pond would have to be atleast a foot or two above ground to
create the suction needed to suck up crud from the bottom.

Sameer