Old 07-05-2004, 08:02 AM
nswong

Default Yet another lucky bamboo question

Hi Ted,

The thing though is it has lot of leaves and doesn't look like
a typical lucky bamboo.

In native form, it look like now what you get. The "typical lucky
bamboo" are those that stripped like sugarcane by people.

Can I plant this in regular potting soil?

Yes.

Has anyone planted it in
soil?

We do plant it in pot with soil, and a lot more just go wild outside
our fence.

Any special requirements if I plant it in soil? Does it grow
better or worse?

This will depend on original environment the plant you got from.
There is always better to develop your own ecotype by propagate and
doing selection yourself. This will give you a more helthy plant and
in the ways you like, the most important are less maintenace cost and
less trouble.

Regards,
Wong