Old 07-05-2004, 12:02 PM
dps

Default Cinnamon fights damp-off?

GSHATTERHAND wrote:
I just read about using cinnamom being helpful in combating damp-off. Does
anyone have experience with this method? My seedlings are about 1/4 inch high.
One has succumbed to damp-off. Can I sprinkle cinnamon around the seedlings,
right on top of the soil, even at this stage?

I've never used cinnamon against damp-off. Air circulation works great.
Just put a fan in the room where your seedlings are so that the air
moves over them. Damp-off needs a wet soil-air interface to grow, so
keeping the air moving dries out the surface. When I put the fan in the
room my damp-off problems dropped from 20-40% to less than 1%.