Old 07-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Michael Savage

Default Moss on a gravel drive

"Eirlys" wrote in message

I have been told that Ferrous Sulphate applied to moss on a gravel drive
will kill it. Has anyone tried this, and, if so, what are the

"proportions"
used? I have tried finding out the answer with Google but most peole seem

want to kill moss in lawns and not on gravel.

My thanks.

I too have problems with moss and weeds on our gravel, but I'm wondering
about solving the problem at source - drainage. Our gravel is old and
compacted with too much organic matter, so I'm hoping to find a good system
for lifting it again and possibly incorporating some larger stones. Any
ideas? Going to start with hand cultivator and may end up with JCB...

Michael