Old 07-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Bill Oliver

Default Name that tree - Paulownia

In article ,
Marcy Hege wrote:
The Princess tree is invasive, invasive, invasive. I recently heard that each
of the little capsules (and each flower head probably has 50+ capsules when it
goes to seed) has more than 2,000 seeds in it.

If it gets started on your property, it's hard to kill since just the seedlings
are difficult to pull out, they sprout right back if you cut them down, etc.

I don't remember if you said where you were located but you might want to
consider crepe myrtles. They are quite showy in bloom and in time, the trunk
and branches have lots of winter interest.

Yes, crepe myrtles are popular here. I plan to have a few!

billo