Old 07-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Green Water woes...is my pump not adequate?

Do you have any filtration?

Can you make your pump pick up from the bottom and from the skimmer?

Your pump is more than big enough, unless your waterfall is so high that you
are loosing too much from the lift!

You sound like you are doing all the right things with the pump, skimmer,
and waterfall.

So get some filters, and continue to shade your pond as much as possible!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"TrishaH40" wrote in message
I have a 4 year old 550 gal watergarden. 1200 gph pump in a skimmer. All
summer long last year I had green water (until Oct.) I had lots of

floaters
and o2-aters. I have 13 goldfish which I do not feed. A landscaper

suggested
I get a larger pump and a larger diameter hose to the waterfall. It

would
turnover the water at a faster rate, thus eliminating the algae. It is in

full
sun. I think its because the water at the bottom is not being

recirculated,
since the skimmer moves the water at the top. Any suggestions from other
experienced ponders?