Old 07-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Go Fig

Default Green Water woes...is my pump not adequate?

In article , TrishaH40
wrote:

I have a 4 year old 550 gal watergarden. 1200 gph pump in a skimmer. All
summer long last year I had green water (until Oct.) I had lots of floaters
and o2-aters. I have 13 goldfish which I do not feed. A landscaper suggested
I get a larger pump and a larger diameter hose to the waterfall. It would
turnover the water at a faster rate, thus eliminating the algae. It is in
full
sun. I think its because the water at the bottom is not being recirculated,
since the skimmer moves the water at the top. Any suggestions from other
experienced ponders?

What model water pump do you have, is it connected to any type of
filter ?

Is your pond concrete, what is the pH ?

An 8 watt UV filter will end the green water within a week and it won't
come back.

jay
Fri May 07, 2004