Old 07-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Juggs

Default Itea Ilicifolia

On Fri, 7 May 2004 21:49:05 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrote:

I have a 3year old Itea which up till now has been growing well and
seemed to be happy, it is in a wide border in sunshine and neutral
soil.I mulched the whole bed with 3 year old rotted horse manure at the
beginning of the year, I am wondering if this was the problem altho it
hasnt bothered any other plants.The leaves are a bit yellow and they are

I don't know what variant you have, but this URL:

http://www.onla.org/ps_01itea.html

likes neutral to acid soil. Manure is great, but it is slightly
alkaline. Yellow leaves, if you take this hypothesis would indicate a
need for iron or magnesium, the intake of which is limited (if I get
this right) in alkaline soils.

You might try throwing an ericaceous fertlizer at it, or just getting
some chelated iron and watering that in.

Glenys

--
Semen is an anti-depressant.