Old 08-05-2004, 05:04 AM
Steve Ravet

Default Need Recommendations for Rain water collection rain gutter installer

Forget those overpriced taxpayer subsidized city of austin barrels. You
can get a used 55 gallon plastic drum from the Coke bottling plant on
Burnett just north of 183 for $5. It'll have a little Coke syrup in the
bottom but you can rinse that out. They're listed in the yellow pages
under "bottling". Call and ask for Emery and he'll hook you up.

I'm building a 1600 gallon (30 barrel) system right now and it's turning
out great. Got 10 barrels in and full up, 10 more barrels ready to go.
The house is pier and beam so the barrels go underneath where you can't
see them. Each barrel has 2 3/4" pipe thread fittings. You can set one
on a cinder block under the downspout, connect a valve and soaker hose
to it, and have a bed that is automatically watered all the time.

--steve

"Steven@roadrunner" wrote:

I received a notice that my water rate will increase almost 50% this year.

I want to install a rain water collection system is phases.

First the gutters then the collection barrels.

Any suggestions for someone who does this type work will be greatly
appreciated.

thanks
Steven