Old 08-05-2004, 06:03 AM
nswong

Default Sweet potato question- thank you!

Hi gho,

Ahh, Ok. So far so good then. I have them in raised rows about 6

inches
high, 18 inches or so apart. Plenty of room to spread all they

want.
Thanks for the info!

Stolon of sweet potato will root at the point it contact with soil,
and develop to small sweet potato. If we pull those stolon up to
prevent it rooting, we will get a *very* big(and the only one per
plant) below the main stem.

Year 1979, I get a three foot long sweet potato using this way.

For sweet potato, it's very important that the soil must be crumbly
and contain a lot of potassium. Wood ash do work perfect for me.

Regards,
Wong