Old 08-05-2004, 03:03 PM
David J Bockman

Default Japanese Maple Volunteer

Except they won't *be* a cultivar, they would be a insert cultivar name
here from seed. Very different and a big no-no to label or refer to a
seedling from a named cultivar as a true cultivar.

Dave

" wrote in message
"Buck Turgidson" in
s.com:

My neighbor has a J. Maple, and every year about this time
(Mid-Atlantic), I find some tiny little volunteers in the lawn and
flower beds.

Can I pot these, or even plant them, and hope that they'll grow into a
healthy specimen?

Any tips on the right procedure, root conditioner, fertilizer, etc
would be appreciated.

if they are self seeding, don't baby them. maybe one of them will be a

nice
looking cv and tougher than the typical cv.