Old 08-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Cheryl

Default sick fish? (long-sorry)

Hi

Thanks for all your help so far in helping me learn more about my inherited
pond. Im slowly getting the hang of it!

Firstly, One of the comets we have I think is ill, when we first moved into
our new pond we thought he has dead. It was only when we went to remove it
that it darted off scaring is half to death!
The problem is so, All he ever does is just sit on the shallow ledge by a
plant. He can swim as we saw when we tryed to remove him!
On the odd occasion that he does move he swims once around the pond then
jump up abit then straight back to his place.

Does this seem odd to you?

Secondly, some of my larger Koi's seem to be doing some kind of somersaults.
They seem to flick over showing thier bellies.
I read that this might be because of parasites so I added a course of
treatment but they are still doing it. Any ideas?

Thirdly, My favourite Koi "Jaws" seems to have black furry spot on one of
his gills. what could this be? some kind of fungus maybe?

If you could give me any advice or ideas I would be Extremerly greatful

Thanks

Cheryl