Old 08-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Hank

Default tadpole or toadpole???

Cheryl, If you follow the link for Plants Database there are many UK
members. I'm sure one of them will be able to help. I would think that
as long as you have a four or five month growing season that the
abundance of airborne moisture (my attempt at being nice to our
friends across the BIG pond) the swamp mallow would do very well.
After all the Lord and Lady Baltimore (red & white) are named after
royalty. ;-}

Lisa, I think they are toads also. At least that is what "The survey
says".

--
some photos of my little puddle
http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Thanks for the name Hank. Im in the Uk. Do you think it would bloom

here?
( being sooo sunny and that!)

Cheryl

"Hank" wrote in message
Cheryl & Maureen, The red flower is a Swamp Mallow or Hardy

Hibiscus
"Lord Baltimore"
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/40923/
Maureen, I'm in NJ and it does very well here. Cut it to the
ground after first frost and mulch. What you see in photo is one
seasons growth in Aug. or Sept. Blooms all summer.
D.S., I thought they were toads .... I'm going to have a

bunch of
them. Hank

--
some photos of my little puddle
http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1
"Mosfunland" wrote in message
I couldn't get the first link to load, but it looks like a

toadlet
in the
album.

What lovely pictures! Is that a hibiscus???? I guess here in

Phila.
I won't
see one that big....and the hummer baby is so cute. Thankyou

for
sharing!

Maureen