Old 08-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Useful plant for a shady spot

Rhiannon Macfie Miller wrote in message ...
andrewpreece wrote:
Rhubarb?

I would love some rhubarb. Unfortunately my husband loathes
it, and won't allow it in the house or garden. I have no
idea why.

What _is_ this insecure husband thing going on round here? We've got
somebody else whose bloke cuts down her wild flowers with a strimmer
every year, although she's asked him not to.

Provided we're actually getting the whole story, these guys are
spoilt! Sorry to be rude, but it needs to be said. If you like
rhubarb, what on earth harm can it do him if you have some? He ought
to be glad to help you get a treat: but if all else has failed, surely
you might do a deal of some kind with him.

Mike.