Old 08-02-2003, 03:51 PM
WNeptune

Default Cleaning greenhouse

From: "Dave"
Date: Fri, Feb 7, 2003 4:15 PM
What effect does the bleach solution have on the plants? Do you just spray
it on or do you also use something to wipe it down? The monthly spraying
interests me.

I wish this was my original idea, but I got it from Geo Vasquez, from Zuma
Canyon, who uses %1 bleach.
It so happens that Wilbur Chang, in HI, does this with %2 bleach.
I do not spray the plants, but make no effort to keep the spray off of the
plants. I spray using my Dosmatic injector, for fertilizer, at 1:100 dilution,
and take the bleach at full strength from the jug-which gives me a %1 solution.
I have been doing this for several years and have not seen any adverse effects
to the plants, and it certainly keeps the algae under control.