Old 08-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Brian

Default Ground Elder...

Vicky,
I don't know if there is any difference between Roundup for domestic use
cf. that for agriculture. I seem to remember that 1 litre was used to
totally clean 1 acre.
The very best method of application where there is danger to wanted plants
is to mix the Roundup with wallpaper paste. Apply this to odd plants by
smearing on their leaves~~by hand, wearing 'throw away' plastic gloves. The
'paste' can be stored to use again when needed.
Best Wishes Brian

"Vicky" wrote in message
I wondered about Roundup but feared for the Hydrangeas. Just as a test

sprayed an area of far less than a square yard, to see the effect.
[Agricultural strength]
After two weeks very little effect but by the third week the whole bed

of
over 100sq.yds. was clearly suffering. After 6 weeks all the G.E had

gone
without trace and has remained so. None ever returned and no effect on

the
Hydrangeas.
The relief was fantastic!!
Good luck Best Wishes Brian. 'flayb' to respond.

Goodo! I have some of that residing in my shed and shall give it a go
tomorrow. When I originally dug over and built my rockery, I realised I

was
taking up roots for Britain and equally realised I was never going to get

it
all just by digging.

Vicky

"Vicky" wrote in message
...is taking over my lawn along one side of my garden and has a liking

for
the rockery in my front garden too. How do I get rid of this stuff

without
having to pull it out every time I weed the rockery? Incidentally, I

have
quite a few plants and a couple of raspberry canes in said rockery and

I'm
keen to keep those.

Vicky