Old 08-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Ground Elder...

"Vicky" wrote in message
...is taking over my lawn along one side of my garden and has a

liking for
the rockery in my front garden too. How do I get rid of this stuff

without
having to pull it out every time I weed the rockery? Incidentally,

I have
quite a few plants and a couple of raspberry canes in said rockery

and I'm
keen to keep those.

I know of nothing except dribbling, spraying or painting with
glyphosate for controlling ground elder.
The usual selective lawn weedkillers like Verdone don't get rid of it.
And don't believe the folk who say it can be eradicated by carefully
grubbing out all the roots. That concept is purely imaginary.

Franz