Old 08-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Sacha

Default leaf curl on plum trees Help!

Rod8/5/04 10:44
om

On Sat, 8 May 2004 22:07:39 +0100, "Richard Green"
wrote:

I have opened up the curled leaves and there is no sign of any aphids. The
leaves curl but are still green at present. It only affect the ends of some
of the shoots. Leaf curl virus was the nearest match that I could find but I
am open to suggestions as to the cause and remedy.

All I can suggest ATM is to look at
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...plum_aphid.asp
Then have another look at your leaves possibly with a decent hand lens
if you can.This really is the prime suspect but it would be nice if
you could see the evidence for yourself to confirm it or send us
looking in another direction.

The could be the Tortrix moth caterpillar. It's small and hard to spot,
IIRC. http://www.birstall.co.uk/trouble43.htm

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk