Old 09-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Soil Conditioner Equivalent?

I guess I missed something here. A lot of things can condition soil. It
depends upon what you want it to do. Usually I mean an organic component when I
refer to soil conditioner, such as composted pine bark.

This material sounds like it would be a substitute for gravel. Ceramics
usually don't hold water, which of course makes sense if it is meant to hold
plants in a pond.

I think your answer is no.

In a message dated 5/8/2004 4:30:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

The closest thing I could find to soil conditioner is Schultz's aquatic
plant soil, made from 100% Fuller's Earth. It says it's a natural mineral
that's been kiln fired to create ceramic granules.

I haven't opened it yet, but the picture makes it look like the soil
conditioner. Anyone know if it has similar properties to soil conditioner?

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++