Old 09-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Desperate, or I wouldn't advertise -- warning: wind chimes

" wrote in
:

(Gary) in news:ff8337fd.0405062159.53cbf0e6
@posting.google.com:

BTW - It really is unbelievable how much valueless, manufactured crap
we have in the world, while on the other hand, we have so many people
who are starving and eating out of garbage cans.
Gary

yeah. btw, would anyone like a couple of used 5 1/4 inch floppies?

I still have some myself (SSDD, used though). Broke down and threw most of
them out. Don't think there's any chance of recycling ... last I checked
(5 years ago), they just burn them for fuel, at least around here.

But you never know (selling junk) ... I sold a dozen issues of the New Zork
Times/Status Line (that you get a free subscription for when buying an
Infocom game) for $100+. I also sold 3 Infocom games, but didn't get half
that for all 3. Back then it was 25 cent listing fee, and I thought I'd
list the NZT set to get more exposure (linking it back to the games). Sure
glad I didn't just chuck them.