Old 09-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Jim Willsher

Default Best way to kill clover in seeded lawn

On 8 May 2004 13:41:21 -0700, (Mike Lyle) wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message ...
Why not leave a few patches of clover where it is thickest, it will be a
very good food plant for bees and hoverflies.

And small white clover makes quite a good green lawn in its own right,
as the picture shows: keeps shorter than grass, and roots deeper, so
it's more drought-resistant (though that looks like Wales, so you may
not be too worried about drought!). Of course it's no good at all if
it's going to get any wear.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Central Scotland, so definitely no worries about drought! It won't get any
wear (no kids/dog).

My only concern is that if I kill the clover, I'll have nothing left....

Jim

Jim Willsher

Homepages at
http://www.jimwillsher.co.uk