Old 09-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Malcolm

Default OOPS! Tumbleweeded Asparagus

In article , Kay Easton
writes
In article , Sue da Nimm
.? writes
I was happily pottering about the asparagus with a paintbrush and a paint
can full of dilute tumbleweed. (The bed was showing the usual crop of annual
weeds and I find the best way to deal with these is to paint them with
Tumbleweed.)
Dustbin, our rather gormless Newfoundland, took a sudden fancy to my
hunched-up profile and gave me 12stone of affectionate nudge from behind.
The pot of Tumbleweed took a tumble and splashed a couple of the asparagus.
Aaagh!
From what I could see the stuff only splashed the spears and not their tips.
The rest disappeared into the soil where I assume it will do no harm.
Question 1... can the tumbleweed do any harm when splashed on stems rather
than leaves?

Yes!
If it's not too long ago, I would cut off those spears quickly.

But probably best not to eat them.........

--
Malcolm