Old 10-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Mickey

Default Would this work as a ponf bottom cleaner?

I used 1.5" hose the leaves and various other junk were soft enough to move
through the hose. I was not using my mouth a shopVac works great for
starting a siphon. The veggie filter worked especially well since it is
further above the ground. I need better suction for the main pond. I am
think of one of those shop vacs with a built in pump. It says 6 gpm and
discharges though a garden hose. I could have the wife water plants while I
am cleaning the pond :0). I could design my own system but it would not be
as well built compact or versatile. Anyone know of a good already built
system for ponds ?

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
The reason siphons work in an aquarium is that the tank is often 3-4 feet
above ground. The hose and the collection bucket are on the ground. The
bottom of the pond would have to be atleast a foot or two above ground to
create the suction needed to suck up crud from the bottom.
Sameer

It will work, but one does get better suction from the great drop, at
least
it appears that way, bucket fills faster. ~ jan