Old 10-05-2004, 03:06 PM

Default Where to buy waffle filter foam

it is a tricky proposition. the question is... is it fish safe. those blue furnace
filters that people suggest have been used and are safe. but we may not know if
suddenly they decide to add antimicrobials like they did to kitchen sponges a few
years back. those scrubbies by scotch (IIRC) were widely used by people with
aquariums. then scotch added antimicrobials altho they did put a disclaimer on the
back in itty bitty font. all of a sudden people were losing entire tanks full of
fish before the word went out.
the one place I wouldnt worry about fish safe is aquatic ecosystems cause they sell
to "the trade" ...people who raise fish for a living.
OTOH, stuff like nylon screening, nylon netting etc is not going to have
antimicrobials added. no point. so once they are rinsed off good, they are going to
be safe.
so my advice, be careful about using supply house stuff unless people on this list
have been using it for a while with no problems and then look the package over VERY
carefully to make sure there is no antimicrobials added.
Ingrid

"Remydog" wrote:
Thanks. I was thinking more in terms of a supply house rather than a pond
specialty store on the assumption that they would have it for less money. I
just don't know what sort of a supply house I'd be looking for.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.