Old 10-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Brian

Default Petrol mower starter motor jams

One horrible thought. If the engine stopped through lack of oil then there
is a probability that the engine has 'seized'. I hope I an wrong.
This last happened to me having put petrol, instead of petroil, in my two
stroke!! The biggest problem was that I had no-one else to blame!! A new
engine needed.
Good Luck Brian
"Monk" wrote in message
om...
Any idea why the starter cord on a petrol mower should jam, when
nothing has been caught in the mechanism? The mower was working fine,
then cut out, because it was low on oil. We filled the oil but the
cord now jams and won't pull.

I'm sure this has happened before and after a while it worked OK.

Is there some built-in fail-safe that causes this?

If possible, can you reply by email as well?