Old 10-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Peter Green

Default yellowing fatsia

I used the rosemary as an example to show I'd improved my clay soil enough
to keep it alive. It's only doing okay because of the amount of compost I've
dug in. The soil is clay, pretty rich and in partial shade so doesn't ever
dry out and crack. I should really move the rosemary. My lavender failed
there miserably. The fatsia is in sun some of the time and is in at least
part shade most of the day. My biggest worry was that the soil wasn't well
drained enough. It's certainly not dry.

Thanks for your help. I don't feel like it would survive a move and although
I've got a shadier spot, it's pretty dry and wouldn't be suitable. I think I
might try it in a big pot and nurture it over the next 12 months.