Old 10-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Dusty Davis

Default Identify this "Dr. Seuss" plant, please

Thanksfor all the responses!

I don't know how the plant got to be that shape, but it's never been
exactly lavished with care. I can't imagine anyone did it on purpose.
I'm now repotting a smaller plant that was grown from cuttings. Great
news about it being a "Money Tree" - I could really use one of those!

-Dusty

AKA: A Money Tree.
Sherman.

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. ..
Look again, Buckwheat.

Dracaena marginata never looks like a "regykar ol' houseplant" with its
narrow red margined leaves and reptilian prominent leaf scars on the

stems.
Maybe you have never seen a well grown large specimen.

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 May 2004 19:21:22 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

Yes indeed, its a very badly grown Dracaena marginata.

I kind of like it the way it is. 'Properly' grown ones look like
regykar ol' houseplants. This one has an interesting sculptural/Seuss
quality that makes it interesting.