Old 11-05-2004, 02:12 AM
RichToyBox

Default Salt in Pond to treat disease

My calculator says your pond is 268 gallons, which would take about 2.5
pounds of salt per addition to give 0.1%. For fish with parasites, it is
recommended that the salt level be raised to 0.3%. Get a salt level test
kit and verify the salt level is above 0.3 for a couple weeks and then
dilute by water changes to 0.1 or below. 0.3% salt will kill any submerged
plants and will stunt the growth of some others, so you may want to take the
plants out of the pond during the treatment.
--
RichToyBox
"Waseem" wrote in message
m...
Hi

I have a couple of fish with ulcers , also white fungusy stuff growing
on them, i used Melafix

After using Melafix the goldfish started to get what can be best
described as black / blue / dark red colour around the fungus areas..
I will get a picture if i can, It looks pretty Ugly , it almost looks
like brusing?? The fish seems ok ish it isnt too lazy it comes up with
the other for food although i havent caught it eating yet

I read somewhere that Salt was a goood all round treatment.

My Pond is just 1000L big , how much Salt do i need to add. If
possible Teaspoon / Tablespoons would help as i dont have a good set
of scales