Old 11-05-2004, 11:05 PM
James

Default Tropical Plant IDs

On Wed, 12 May 2004 04:39:17 +1000, len gardener
wrote:

g'day james,

looks like a 'travellers palm' aka 'ravenala madagascariensis' more of
the banana family not of the palm family, if so you will be able to
seperate them no problems.

Excellent...thanks for the ID. I have always wanted one of these and
it wasn't too bad a price.There are two distinct plants, so I'm gonna
try a dissection. That makes four different bananas I now have.

Any Idea on the fourth picture. It was labeled a Banana Super, but
that could be anything. It seems to be a dwarf variety, but I have
only had it about a month. It has markings on the leaves that are
reddish brown.

Thanks Again,

James