Old 12-05-2004, 03:15 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Default Nut trees and SQUIRRELS

(jitney) in
m:

walnuts. I do better with my Chinese chestnuts because squirrels
will not bother them until hulls open. Then I have to pick up nuts
twice a day and also fight off the rats with hooves.
Frank(snip)

I don't think there is a season on rats, but I don't think that their
meat is very appetizing.

especially after the rat's have become tolerant of anti-coagulants.

Got any recipes to share? Anything with nuts, by any chance? Seems

fitting...
Dave(snip)

From the Remington website:Squirrel Brunswick Stew

2 squirrels
1 tablespoon salt
1 onion, minced
2 cups lima beans
6 ears of corn, kernels only
1/2 pound of salt pork, cubed
6 potatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons sugar
4 cups sliced tomatoes
1/4 pound butter
flour
2 slices lemon

Cut squirrel in pieces as for fricassee. Add the salt to 4 quarts

fricassee sounds like a joke word ("care for some froggi frigazzee,
monsieur?"), similar to 'freedom fries'. so i never knew there was such a
thing until someone recently described a (greasy) recipe such as
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...rrel+fricassee