Old 12-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Default Tree root is damaging the walkway

"Mike LaMana" fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet in
:

Just fix the sidewalk - we do this all the time. Trees are usually the
wrong species for the site when this sort of thing occurs.

Repair the walk, perhaps build the repaired section on a special mix
(structural soil) that is used for trees under pavement.

*this* is very interesting. packing new 'soil' around mature roots.

how many years later have you observed results?

how often and extensively (percentage of perimeter, depth, distance,
approximate!) have you done this?

Reset the
fence.

if anything :-)

Crack sin the slab at the garage may be from settling as well
as roots of trees.

true. we haven't seen the situation. if the tree is within ten feet of
the cracking region, i'd suspect the tree!

Everything is a tradeoff.